With so many studio monitors options available in the market, choosing the one that is suitable for your needs can be confusing. Reddit is a place where a lot of people discuss doubts, experiences, and share recommendations. I used AI to analyze around 30 posts on different subreddit posts to make a list of 42 best studio monitors in 2022.
Based on what 53 Redditors think, here are the top-rated studio monitors in 2022. However, the best one is different for different use-cases. That’s why before purchasing one, make sure that the selection you’ve made solves all your studio monitors requirements.
Note: We monetize via commission model, we don’t include sponsored product placements in our best-sellers list. It means that we will only make money if you like our recommendations and purchase them after clicking our affiliate link.
10 Best studio monitors From Reputed Brands [According to Redditors]
It doesn’t matter whether you need the best studio monitors, mid-range studio monitors or the cheapest option. The article intends to help people find the best one suited for your use case. While I’ve listed the 10 best studio monitors according to Redditors above, below are a few more options that have been mentioned on many subreddit posts.
- Optimized high frequency wave guide. Optional replacement faceplates with protective metal grilles. Incredibly versatile speaker systemgreat for creating music in different environments. Great for all functions of music creation from production to mixing to mastering
- Proprietary speaker drivers built in-house from the ground up. Onboard LCD visual DSP-driven EQ. 25 visual Graphic EQ settings for different environments. Standalone KRK Audio Tools App (Free Download for Android/iOS). Scientifically designed high-quality/low resonance speaker enclosure
- Features: A unique White finish stylishly compliments any creative environment. Professional grade 7 (Bi-amp) studio monitor designed and engineered in the USA. 7 Matching Woofer and 1 Tweeter made with Kevlar. Built-in efficient Class D power amp
- Front-firing port with optimized low frequency tuning alignment for the best possible transient response and extension. Designed and built by a monitor company with over 30 years of proven success
- High density acoustic Iso-foam pads for improved clarity. Newly designed Brickwall Limiter automatically engages at maximum amp level. Wide, deep and dynamic listening sweet-spot with incredible imaging. 3D soundstage creates incredible realism and depth in your mix (width, depth and height)
- Class D Bi-amplification (each)
- 1" Tweeter
- 80W Powered 2-way Studio Reference Monits with 6.5" Woofer
- Stereo Bluetooth input lets you add wireless connectivity to any speaker.
- Left/Right Balanced ¼” and stereo ⅛” TRS inputs make it easy to connect both pro and consumer audio gear.
- Bluetooth on/off button lets you toggle between Bluetooth and analog sources and an easy-to-use pairing button lets you quickly pair your favorite Bluetooth-enabled device.
- Full-range Left/Right Balanced ¼” TRS to connect professional studio and media reference monitors.
- Stereo ⅛” TRS headphone/aux output lets you connect your favorite headphones or output to a consumer device for streaming, recording, and more.
- SUB OUT - Subwoofer output with built-in crossover and auto detection. Dual RCA inputs for phone, TV, DVD, PC connection, support connect to two devices at the same time, no plugging needed.
- BLUETOOTH 5.0 WITH QUALCOMM APTX HD - Easily connect to your phone, laptop or tablet for wireless listening enjoyment, suitable for iOS, Android, Mac, or Windows devices. AptX HD supports up to 24bit quality over Bluetooth.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
- UPDATED WIRELESS REMOTE - Easily control volume, mute/unmute, Switch between Bluetooth and line-in modes. Adjust the bass, treble, volume on the side panel. Enhance your listing experience with Soundfield Spatializer button.
- NATURAL SOUND REPRODUCTION - Get the cleanest and most impressive natural sound from the 19mm silk dome tweeter unit, 4 inches woofer unit, and 66W continuous undistorted power.
- A plethora of connection options makes it quick and easy to start listening. They even include cables in the box to get you started.
- legendary Mackie acoustic tuning means every pair of CR-X monitors will give you the studio sound you’re looking for.
- 200 watts of clean, accurate sound amplification with an 8" woofer
- CRDV Desktop Volume Control provides separate level control for the subwoofer and desktop monitors
- Whether you need ultra-compact monitors for a small desk, or you want huge wall-shaking sound, CR-X has what you need.
- Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- 1" Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface
- Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, 1/4", RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- 1-inch (25 Mm), Ultra-Low-Mass, Silk-Dome, High-Frequency Transducer
- Studio One Prime and Studio Magic Software Suite ($1,000 value!)
- Front-Panel Volume Control for Speakers and Headphone Amplifier
- 3.5-inch (89 Mm), Woven Composite, Low-frequency Transducer
- Balanced ¼-inch TRS, Unbalanced 1/8-inch Stereo, and RCA Inputs
- Transducers: Updated HF and LF transducers: new design improvements result in optimized damping for superior transient response and impressive deep bass with lower harmonic distortion
- Reliable: Strenuous 100-hour full-power test ensures years of reliability
- Image Control Waveguide: Patented Image Control Waveguide creates a stunning soundstage with precise imaging and depth, a wide sweet spot and neutral response in any room
- Bundle Includes: 2 x JBL 308P MkII Powered 8-Inch Two-Way Studio Monitor, JBL LSR310S 10-Inch Powered Studio Subwoofer with XLF, 2 x Knox Gear 25-Feet XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Cable and 2 x Focus Camera by Kirlin 1/4-Inch TRS to 1/4-Inch TRS Cable (6-Feet)
- Broad Sweet Spot: Neutral frequency response across a wide area allows you to fine-tune your mix even while listening off-axis
- Patented Slip Stream low-frequency port for superior bass performance at all playback levels
- High-quality JBL transducers for optimized transient response and improved linearity
- Dual integrated, custom Class-D amplifiers provide 112W of power for high output and dynamic range
- This bundle includes: 2 x JBL 308P MkII - Powered 8" Two-Way Studio Monitor 2 x AxcessAbles XLR-XLR20 Audio Cable - XLR Male to XLR Female 2 x AxcessAbles TRS14-XLR115M Audio Cable - stereo 1/4' TRS TO XLR male (15ft) 1 x AxcessAbles TRS18-DXLR402M Audio Cable, 3.5 mm Stereo TRS to Dual XLR Male Cable (6.5ft)
- Patented Image Control Waveguide for detailed imaging and a broad, room-friendly sweet spot
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - 100% wooden enclosures to minimize acoustic resonance, Magnetically shielded speakers
- 24 WATTS RMS POWER OUTPUT - Active bookshelf speaker system with 24W total power output with calibrated, flared bass reflex port in front
- CABLES INCLUDED - RCA and 3.5mm cables and speaker wire included. Universal 110V-240V power supply.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
- 2 X AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- Front-panel input control selects Bluetooth, aux, RCA, TRS or combines all inputs
- Integrated 60-watt Class D power amplifier; 30 watts distributed to each speaker
- Reference mixes via Bluetooth 5.0 streaming
- Available in black (104-bt) and white (104-btw) variants
- Master monitor includes electronics for the extension monitor, minimizing wiring and clutter
- Front-panel volume control and headphone jack with speaker mute feature
- Three sets of inputs allow connection with professional equipment, personal music players and consumer devices
- Proprietary coaxial driver combines 4.5-Inch (118 mm) woofer and .75-Inch (19 mm) soft-dome tweeter for transparency and wide sweet spot
- JBL104 Reference monitors are compatible with most desktop and laptop computers, as well as home or professional recording EQUIPMENT
- Purchase includes: JBL104-BT Reference monitors (pair); 1x extension monitor speaker wire (2-Conductor, 2 meters); 1x 3.5 mm to RCA audio cable; 1x power Cord; 1x quick setup guide
- Arc self-calibration adjusts to any room
- 40 Hz to 24 kHz frequency response
- 0° - 20° tilting stand for ideal positioning
- 100W 2-way bi-amped speaker with class D amplifiers
- Ultra-flat frequency response with phase-coherent sound
- DSP-driven Onboard EQ with Visual LCD
- Scientifically Designed Enclosure
- Custom Class D power amplifier
- 7" Powered Near-Field Studio Monitor
- Matching Kevlar Drivers
- HPS Waveguide: Makes dispersion more consistent and imaging more stable over a wider area
- DSP-Powered Crossover Design: Smooth frequency response without interferences between the drivers in the critical mid-range
- Acoustic Adjustments: Allows optimal adaptation to acoustically difficult listening environments or individual preferences
- Premium Construction: Lightweight polypropylene construction for optimal durability
- 1.9-Inch Accelerated Ribbon Tweeter: Advanced dynamic range due to acoustically effective diaphragm surface that is 2.5 times bigger (compared to a classic tweeter according to the piston principle)
- The compact design fits just about any space. Put it on your kitchen countertop, or tuck it away on your office bookshelf.
- Pair 2 Play: 1's in the same room for stereo separation and more detailed sound.
- Small yet powerful speaker for streaming music and more. Get rich, room-filling sound with Play:1, and control it with the Sonos app.
- Easily connect Sonos speakers in different rooms over Wi-Fi to create a home sound system that brings every room and everyone together.
- Go from unboxing to listening in minutes with just 1 cord and step-by-step guidance in the Sonos app.
- Flexible I/O: SV studio monitors feature XLR, 1/4in TRS, and RCA inputs for connecting to virtually any playback equipment or sound source.
- Class AB Amp: Stage Right SV monitors combine efficiency with low distortion for an accurate and reliable, high performance studio monitor.
- Bi-Amplified Design: SV monitors feature a bi-amplified design that feeds the perfect amount of power to each of its drivers, at the perfect crossover point.
- SV monitors are no-frills speakers with a feature set that is on par with other professional monitoring solutions. Where these Stage Right powered monitors excel is in their sonic performance, with the ability to create mixes that are exceptionally consistent across different playback mediums. Mixing on SV monitors ensures that your tracks retain their studio quality through different headphones, consumer speakers, car stereos, or even TVs.
- Consistent Mix Transfer: Stage Right studio monitors help you create mixes that transfer accurately between different headphones, speakers, car stereos, and even TVs.
- Built-in efficient Class D power amp
- Proprietary speaker drivers built in-house from the ground up
- Professional grade 5" (bi-amp) studio monitor designed and engineered in the USA
- 5" matching woofer and 1" tweeter made with Kevlar
- 2 pack ROKIT 5 G4 5" Near-Field Powered Studio Monitor (Black) - AC Power Cord - KRK 3 Year Limited Warranty - 2 Pack Isolation Pad for Studio Monitor - 2 Pack H&A Elite Pro XLR M to XLR F Microphone Cable 15' - Music Trends Y Splitter Cable 10'
- Broad sweet spot neutral frequency response across a wide area allows you to fine-tune your mix even while listening off-axis.
- Flexible connectivity with balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, +4dBu /-10dBV input-sensitivity switch and adjustable volume control.
- This pair of JBL 306P MkII Powered Studio Monitors comes with all the manufacturer accessories and a 2-year USA warranty along with a 7-piece bundle which includes 2x Mophead 10' TRS Balanced Male to Male 1/4" Cable, 2x 10' XLR Male to XLR Female Cable, 2x Cable Ties and Circuit City Microfiber Cloth.
- Updated HF and LF transducers with new design improvements result in optimized damping for superior transient response and impressive deep bass with lower harmonic distortion.
- New boundary EQ restores neutral low frequency response when speakers are placed on the work surface and adjacent to walls.
- Package Includes: (2) KRK ROKIT RP5 G4 5" Bi-Amped Studio Monitor DSP Speakers White Noise Edition. (1) RockvilIe RVSM1 Pair of Near-Field Studio Monitor Stands w/ Adjustable Height. Features: KRK ROKIT RP5 G4 5" Bi-Amped Studio Monitor DSP Speaker White Noise Edition. A unique White finish stylishly compliments any creative environment
- Professional grade 5 (Bi-amp) studio monitor designed and engineered in the USA. 5 Matching Woofer and 1 Tweeter made with Kevlar. Built-in efficient Class D power amp. Proprietary speaker drivers built in-house from the ground up. Onboard LCD visual DSP-driven EQ. 25 visual Graphic EQ settings for different environments. Standalone KRK Audio Tools App (Free Download for Android/iOS)
- Scientifically designed high-quality/low resonance speaker enclosure. High density acoustic Iso-foam pads for improved clarity. Newly designed Brickwall Limiter automatically engages at maximum amp level. Wide, deep and dynamic listening sweet-spot with incredible imaging. 3D soundstage creates incredible realism and depth in your mix (width, depth and height)
- Optimized high frequency wave guide. Optional replacement faceplates with protective metal grilles. Incredibly versatile speaker systemgreat for creating music in different environments. Great for all functions of music creation from production to mixing to mastering. Front-firing port with optimized low frequency tuning alignment for the best possible transient response and extension
- Designed and built by a monitor company with over 30 years of proven success. (2) Near-Field Monitor Stands. Features: Studio Monitor Stands (Pair). Adjustable Height. Steel Construction. Nylon clutch for adjusting. EVA Pad on top to eliminate unwanted vibrations. Triple enforced steel base with ultimate sturdiness. Black Color. Weight capacity: 80 lbs. Adjustable height Range: 33-45 inches
- 43Hz - 30kHz frequency response
- 60W LF plus 35W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 95W power amplification
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 6.5" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- Higher-grade components ensure a longer lifespan
- Physically and sonically identical to the original design
- Passive, Full-Range Two-Way Stereo Pair
- A re-creation of the iconic "white cone" speakers, trusted by engineers for decades
- The exact frequency voicing ensures a mix that translates across all speakers
- The Eris E4.5 offers consistent, accurate listening, with the smooth and even frequency response
- Clean overall sound, smooth high end, and a wide sweet spot
- Easy-to-use controls
- Flexible input options
- The enclosure is 0.5" thick while the front board of it is a full 1" thickness to give you the ultimate best sound quality! Comes in 3 enclosure finish options Wood finish painted black. Wood finish painted white. Wood finish with vinyl front board
- 110 Volt compatible with SMPS technology. Every Speaker in Production Undergoes a Computer Generated Sound Check Test to Ensure it Upholds to our Specifications and Standards. We use a "6Sigma" style Quality Assurance of Each Product
- Inputs / Outputs / Controls: Volume control. Bass/Treble Control -4dB to 4dB (allows you to adjust high and low frequency independently). 1/4" and XLR combo input jack. High Speed USB jack. RCA input. 3.5mm Headphone output.
- Rockville APM5W 5.25" 2-Way 250 Watt Powered USB Studio Monitor Speakers in White ( Pair). 125 Watt RMS. Two-Way Active Studio Monitor Speaker System. Quad Amp Design: Each Driver Features Frequency Specific Independent Amplifiers.
- Full Range Class "D" Amplifier Circuitry with Auto-Switching Power Supply. LED Power on Indicator on Rear Panel. Ferro Fluid Enhanced 3/4" Neodymium Silk Dome Tweeter With Metal Grill Protection. Tweeter has 3/4" voice coil diameter
- Each speaker produces 125 watts peak and 62.5 watts RMS. Input voltage: 120V. Components: 3/4" silk dome tweeter and 5.25" woofer with rubber surrounds and polypropylene cone. Product Size (Single): (W*H*D): 7.4'' x 11.34'' x 9.76''.
- Transducer Production Line to Make the SPL Performance Stable. One Complete Pair with Mater / Salve Output Connection with Included Noise Rejection Cabling
- Details: Certification: CE and RoHS Compliant. Amplifier: Class D, very efficient amplifier with top components! (ADI--ADAU1701, TI--TPA3116, SMPS). System Impedance: Tweeter 6 Ohm. Woofer 4 Ohm.
- Signal to noise ratio: 90dB (Maximum output with THD+1<1%, A-weight). Max SPL: 100dB @ 1w/1m. THD: 0.10%. Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20 kHz. 250 Watts peak output per pair. 125 Watt RMS output per pair.
- Shipping Dimensions: (W*H*D): 24.1''x 13.54''x 10.7''. Net Weight (Pair): 15.4 LBS. Shipping Weight (Pair): 18.37 LBS. Includes speaker linking cable and power plug. Input Impedance (Ohms): 10 K Ohm Balanced. System Volume: (-30dB to +6dB)
- 10" x 10" stylish base
- Used properly on a level load bearing surface and with the weight evenly distributed on the upper platform, it can safely hold 45 lbs.
- Secure pin adjustments plus sturdy plastic clutch allow for height adjustments from 9"-12.5"
- 0-15 Degree Angle Adjustment
- 9" Deep x 12" Wide Platform top with EVA
- 4 rubber feet provide non-slip and help absorb shock
- Sturdy Black Powder Coated Steel Construction
- Lightweight glass-aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Flat low frequency adjustment adding versatility and improved accuracy for mixes that translate in different environments
- An incredibly versatile powered nearfield studio monitor great for any style of music
- Superior low-end extension with optional setting of +2dB KRK bass boost acclaimed by music creators worldwide
- Soft-dome tweeter with optimized waveguide provides smooth pristine and articulate highs up to 35kHz
- Premium Material: Lightweight polypropylene construction for optimal durability
- Analog Inputs: Optimized for balanced and unbalanced line signals
- HPS waveguide: Makes dispersion more consistent and imaging more stable over a wider area
- Linear Frequency: Unbiased reproduction in a wide frequency band
- U-ART 1.9-Inch Accelerated Ribbon Tweeter: Allows longer operation with fewer signs of fatigue
- Bluetooth technology allows you to play tracks from smartphones and tables wirelessly, while Qualcomm aptX and AAC support lets you enjoy even higher quality sound reproduction
- Create a versatile home set-up that can deliver a rich, balanced sound for producing and DJing. These compact desktop speakers have been designed using professional speaker technology and effortlessly connect to all your Bluetooth wireless devices. The dm-40bt comes in black or White and retains its groove technology from the highly-reputed DM-40 Active monitor speakers. Expect a smooth bass response, A wide sweet spot enabled by Deco technology, Clear audio quality and rich bass sound all at the same time. The dm-40bt speakers are sold as a pair. Specs: type: 2-way bass reflex, Active monitor speakers tweeter: ¾-inch soft dome woofer: 4-inch fiberglass what's in the box: dm-40bt x 2, Power cord, 2 M speaker Cable (for left/right channel connection), audio converter cable (3.5 mm stereo mini plug to RCA), bottom cushion x 8, operating instructions Dimensions (W x H x D): left Ch: 146 x 227 x 223 mm (5.7 x 8.9 x 8.7 in.), right Ch: 146 x 227 x 210 mm (5.7 x 8.9 x 8.3 in.) weight: left Ch: 2.7 kg (6 lbs.), right Ch: 2.2 kg (4.9 lbs.) amplifier output: Class A/B amp: 2 x 21 W/ 4 Ω Impedance: 10 kω inputs: 1 line (RCA), 1 line (mini-jack) outputs: 1 headphone monitor (mini-jack) Bluetooth output: Bluetooth specifications Class 2 Bluetooth Supported codec: SBC, a AC, Qualcomm apt, Qualcomm apt low latency Bluetooth version: Bluetooth specifications ver. 4.2
- The DM-40BT’s ¾ -inch soft dome tweeters are fitted with deco convex diffusers that channel high frequencies in every direction, delivering a wide sweet spot and 3D stereo sound
- The cabinets’ curved front edges provide maximum rigidity and minimum resonance for a clean sound at all volumes - and they’ll look good in your home set-up
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs.Crossover:2kHz
- 8inch cone woofer and 1inch dome tweeter; produce low distortion sound with a well-defined bottom end at any output level
- 38Hz - 30kHz frequency response. Power consumption: 60 watts
- 75W LF plus 45W HF bi-amp system 120W total. Level control (+4dB/center click) , EQ: High trim switch (+/- 2dB at HF) / Room control switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- EASY CONTROLS: A convenient front-panel volume knob sets both the speaker level and the integrated headphone amplifier level
- Bundle Includes Monitors, Knox Headphones, Knox Isolation Pads and Breakout Cable
- WIDE SWEET SPOT: The tweeter is designed to radiate sound with a fairly wide dispersion pattern, creating a large optimal listening area or “sweet spot” so you can move around and still hear everything accurately
- SMOOTH SOUND: The Eris E3.5 is equipped with a one-inch silk-dome tweeter that produces a smooth and refined sound, accurately reproducing transients and high frequencies
- KEVLAR WOOFERS: The weave and nature of the Eris E3.5’s 3.5-inch Kevlar woofer result in a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range
- Scientifically Designed Enclosure
- Matching Kevlar Drivers
- DSP-driven Onboard EQ with Visual LCD
- Custom Class D power amplifier
- 5" Powered Near-Field Studio Monitor
- Flat Low Frequency Adjustment adding versatility and improved accuracy for mixes that translate in different environments
- Superior low-end extension with optional setting of +2dB KRK Bass Boost acclaimed by music creators worldwide
- High/Low-frequency controls contour your sound for environment, preference, and music style, and the custom bi-amped, class A/B amp offers large headroom and low distortion
- Soft-dome tweeter with optimized waveguide provides smooth, pristine and articulate highs up to 35kHz
- The low-resonance enclosure minimizes distortion and color, and the lightweight, glass-aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- Multiple input: This product takes into account a variety of usage scenarios, such as home, recording studio, personal studio, computer, sound quality production, etc. Added RCA, 3.5mm AUX, 6.35mm wired connection modes respectively.(Keep away from radio frequency equipment as much as possible. Make sure the Bluetooth signal is continuous)
- Speaker material: Both size speakers are independently developed by Moukey Research Institute, in order to show the closest acoustic effect to a variety of sound effects.
- Convenient adjustment: There are multiple mode switch knobs on the main control panel, which is convenient for you to switch freely when multiple audio sources are input. The back panel is also equipped with a treble and bass adjustment knob, which can be adjusted freely according to personal preferences when listening to music.
- High quality: Studio-quality industrial design. They look as great as they sound.
- Golden combination: The combination of 3.5 inches +1 inches dual speakers is the most standard combination of monitor speakers.
- Ultra-linear studio monitor with true active design
- Ultimate dispersion characteristics and extremely large "sweet spot" owing to advanced wave guide technology
- Precision Class A/B amplifiers with active protection circuits: 100 W for LF / 50 W for HF
- Long-throw 8" woofer with deformation-resistant Kevlar cone for ultimate bass response
- Ultra-high resolution 1" silk dome tweeter for ultimate sound reproduction
- Adam Audio 2 Pack Professional T-Series T7V 7" 70W 2-Way Active Nearfield Monitor - Power Cord - Quick Start Guide - Adam Audio 5 Year Warranty (2 Year + 3 Year with Registration) - 2 Pack 15' 8mm XLR Microphone Cable
- Polypropylene 5" woofer and rear-firing bass-reflex port
- U-ART 1.9" Accelerated Ribbon Tweeter with HPS Waveguide
- Classic Big Knob Volume Control
- Mono, Mute, and Dim Functions
- 2x Sources and 2x Monitor Pairs
- Two by Two Monitor Controller
- Pristine Audio Quality
- Quad Amp Design: Each Driver Features Frequency Specific Independent Amplifiers. Enclosure is made of top quality MDF wood. Our enclosure is not particle board, it is true high-grade MDF! The enclosure is 0.5 thick while the front board of it is a full 1 thickness to give you the ultimate best sound quality!. Comes in 3 enclosure finish options Wood finish painted black. Wood finish painted white. Wood finish with vinyl front board
- We use baking paint made for wood surface. It lasts long and is the best paint for speakers!. Beautiful finish is matte with a slight shine to it. Our designers spent a lot of time on the color to make it beautiful and elegant looking to improve the appearance of your studio or room. The enclosure is built with the perfect amount of air space to maximize sound quality for a studio. The port is built to the perfect spec to enhance the sound
- Full Range Class D Amplifier Circuitry with Auto-Switching Power Supply. LED Power on Indicator on Rear Panel. Ferro Fluid Enhanced 1.5" Neodymium Silk Dome Tweeter With Metal Grill Protection. Tweeter has 1 voice coil diameter. Curved Front Bezel Design Eliminates Standing Wave Distortion. Injection Molded Polypropylene Cone Woofer. Rubber woofer surrounds increases sound quality and eliminates unwanted distortions. Computer Optimized Electronic Crossover Network Supplies Amazing Sounding
- Package Includes: (1) Pair of RockvilIe APM8W 8" 500W Active/Powered USB Studio Monitor Speakers. (1) RockvilIe RVSM1 Pair of Near-Field Studio Monitor Stands w/ Adjustable Height. (1)Pair of RockvilIe RRS263M High Density Foam Studio Monitor Isolation Pads 10.35" x 13" with 3 Angle Adjustments. Features: RockvilIe APM8 8" 2-Way 500 Watt Active USB Studio Monitor Speakers in White (Pair). RMS: 250 Watt. Two-Way Active Studio Monitor Speaker System
- Highs, Lows, and Mids. Rear-Firing Port Shaped and Designed by Sound Engineers to Reduce Port. Turbulence and Deliver Distortion Free Top Sound Quality!. We developed the Most Optimized Magnet structure, Cone, and Cabinet Space that Reproduces the Sound to Play Back Exactly the Way it was Recorded!. Specially Wound Voice Coils Produce Accurate Response along Entire Frequency Spectrum. Distortion-Free Playback Even at Max Volume Listening! Very Clean Sound!
- HIGH-FREQUENCY TRANSDUCER: 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- ACOUSTIC PORT: Rear-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- VOLUME CONTROL: Front-panel volume control for speakers and headphone amplifier
- LOW-FREQUENCY TRANSDUCER: 3.5-inch (89 mm) Kevlar low-frequency transducer
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Presonus Eris E3.5 2-Way 3.5" Near Field Studio Monitor Pair, Isolation Pads (2-Pack), and 3.5mm TRS to Dual 1/4-inch TS Stereo Breakout Cable
- Responsive 25W class AB amplification, rear bass-reflex port for enhanced low-frequency range
- Samson professional closed-back headphones featuring an adjustable padded headband for a comfortable listening experience included in the Photo Savings Deluxe Bundle
- Monitors offer 80 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response, well-designed 3.5" Kevlar woofer, and 1" silk dome tweeter
- Upgrade the sound system in home setups, project studios, and commercial facilities with a compact sonic reference system
- Headphone monitoring via front-panel stereo jack, EQ controls, 1/4" TRS, 3.5mm, and RCA inputs
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper
- Pur Beryllium inverted dome tweeter: very low directivity, excellent linearity and dynamics.
- "W" composite sandwich cone: neutral sound, no distortion.
- Protected Beryllium dome (the effect of the grille has been compensated on the amplifier to adjust the tonal balance).
- INCLUDES - JBL 1 Series 104-BT Compact Desktop Reference Monitors with Bluetooth (Black, Pair); Power Cable. Blucoil 3.5mm TRS to Dual 1/4" TS Male Audio Cable, 5-Foot. Blucoil 5-Foot Audio Aux Cable. 5-Pack of Blucoil Reusable Velcro Cable Ties.
- PRODUCES THE MOST ACCURATE SOUND - The JBL 1 Series 104-BT Reference Monitors features a proprietary coaxial driver that combines 4.5" woofer and 0.75" soft-dome tweeter to deliver true clarity across a wide sweet spot.
- STREAMLINES YOUR SESSIONS - Smoothly integrate 104-BT into your professional production equipment, personal music players, and consumer electronics. You can choose Bluetooth, Aux, RCA, RCA, or use all inputs simultaneously.
- DELIVERS POWERFUL SOUNDS - The reference monitors have integrated a 60W Class D power amplifier distributing 30W to each speaker equally. You get a full 60Hz-20kHz frequency response with detailed bass thanks to 104-BT's contoured low-frequency port.
- OFFERS BLUETOOTH CONNECTION - Easily stream music or reference mixes from your desktop computer straight into the speakers via Bluetooth 5.0. The 104-BT is acoustically optimized for desktop placement.
- Shifted tweeter for clearer rendering and a more noticeable Spatial stereo effect
- Multifunctional Bluetooth Active DJ speakers: for mixing, producing and listening to music wirelessly
- Optimized acoustic waveguide for lifelike audio rendering
- Bluetooth Multi-pairing technology: connect up to two devices simultaneously
- Quality sound: 2 times 15 Watts RMS, 60 watts Peak power, 7. 6-Cm/3-inch woofer
- Lightweight, glass-aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass. Flat Low Frequency Adjustment adding versatility and improved accuracy for mixes that translate in different environments. Superior low-end extension with optional setting of +2dB KRK Bass Boost acclaimed by music creators worldwide. High- and low-frequency controls let you contour your sound to your environment and preference
- Gold plated adapter. Features: RockvilIe PRO-M50 Studio Headphones w/ Detachable Coil Cable, Case+Extra Ear Pad. Professional High-Definition Studio Headphones. 40mm Neodymium drivers. Ergonomically designed swivel ear cups. Supreme sound isolation. Accurate sound reproduction. Minimal bleed. Sturdy and durable steel headband and arms. Soft leather headband cover. Interchangeable leather and soft suede ear cups covers included
- Factory installed under-monitor foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface for improved clarity. Active 2-way electronics provide high-headroom/low-noise amplification. Front-slotted bass port and resonant-free cabinet increases sonic clarity. System-optimized auto-limiter prevents unexpected peaks from damaging the speakers while offering consistency and clarity at high volumes. Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, , RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Engineered in the USA by a monitor manufacturer with over 30 years of innovation experience. Low-resonance enclosure for minimized distortion and colorization. Low and high frequency adjustments tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics. Custom bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion. Includes: Pro-m50 headphones. Detachable cable. Soft suede and leather ear cushions (interchangeable). Leather hard travel protective case
- Package Includes: (2) KRK CLASSIC 5 Studio Monitor 5" Nearfield Active Powered Bi-Amped 2-Way Speakers. (1) RockvilIe PRO-M50 Studio Headphones w/ Detachable Coil Cable, Case+Extra Ear Pad. Features: KRK CLASSIC 5 Studio Monitor 5" Nearfield Active Powered Bi-Amped 2-Way Speaker. An incredibly versatile powered nearfield studio monitor, great for any style of music. Soft-dome tweeter with optimized waveguide provides smooth, pristine and articulate highs up to 35kHz
22 Best Brands in 2022: Loved by Redditors
Below is the the brands based on their popularity among known redditors and mentions of the products on different subreddit threads:
- JBL Professional
- IK Multimedia
- Adam Audio
- Avantone Pro
- Pioneer DJ
- Amazon Renewed
- Austin Bazaar
- Photo Savings
- Hercules DJ
Choosing the right studio monitors can be difficult and requires research. I’ve created this buyer’s guide after analyzing multiple subreddits and interviewing redditors who shop a lot to help you figure out the important things to consider when buying a studio monitors.
1. Trust Redditors But Know Your Requirements.
Even though I've listed the best-rated studio monitors according to redditors, there are chances that even the best option might not have all the features you need. That’s why make sure that the option you’ve picked has everything you need.
2. Choose the right brand for your needs.
I’ve listed out the best brands according to the Redditors above, but that doesn’t mean you can randomly pick any studio monitors from a brand and buy it. You need to make sure that the brand offers proper service and has customer support in or near your location. What’s the point in buying a product that doesn’t have a service center around your area and having to go through the hassle of traveling far away to get it repaired.
3. Compare Historical Prices & Current Prices.
Redditors believe in “value for money” and that’s why there’s a chance that their recommendation would be based on the price of the studio monitors that day.
For instance, (2) KRK ROKIT RP7 G4 7" Bi-Amped Studio Monitor DSP Speakers White Noise Edition might have been cheaper when the Redditor suggested it. However, if its price has increased then, you shall consider getting another recommendation that offers the same features but is more value for money.
4. Don’t buy it if you don’t need it.
Online shopping has made purchasing a studio monitors very easy, you just click the buy button and the item gets delivered at your doorstep. However, that’s what makes you vulnerable to buying things that you don’t need. So make sure that you’re only purchasing this if you actually need it or would use it.
5. Check other best-sellers lists.
While redditors are known for their value for money approach, brands have gotten smarter. For instance, these days brands themselves create reddit accounts with “high karma” and promote their products. So make sure to check best-seller lists on other websites too.
6. Watch Reviews on YouTube.
Although, sites like Amazon display everything about the product in detail and I’ve shared the important details above. There are times when you’d like to see it in action, that’s where watching a studio monitors review on YouTube would help. You’ll also get to know more about the product and real-life use cases.
The article tries to answer all your questions both in terms of listing and top brands. But if you’re confused, below are my quick recommendations. You can choose based on your requirement:
- If you want nothing but the best, go or (2) KRK ROKIT RP7 G4 7" Bi-Amped Studio Monitor DSP Speakers White Noise Edition.
- Like redditors, if you want more of a value for money option - consider Edifier R1700BTs Active Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 Wireless Near Field Studio Monitor Speaker - 66w RMS with Subwoofer Line Out.
- If you’re looking for a cheap studio monitors, look into KRK Rokit 5 G4 Studio Monitor Speaker Bundle - Pair.
I’ve tried my best to list out the best studio monitors based on both my manual research and AI bots. But if you still aren’t sure which product to bet on, comment below your doubts and I’ll be happy to clarify.
Emma Green was the first person to join the team and believe in the potential that the platform had. She has never looked back since then and only worked towards the growth of the content on this platform.